About Me

My photo
Wife and mom of two. Doing my best to raise thoughtful, happy kids in a cozy, serene home. I love J. Crew, peonies, living on the coast, all things woven, wood, white & slipcovered. A definite optimist and bit of a minimalist. My personal style and home reflect my super casual lifestyle.

20 October, 2009

The best baby gifts...

We have had a run on new babies recently... 4 new babies last month alone between family and friends! My own children are 3 and 5 and I remember receiving the cutest outfits for them and then feeling guilty...they spent all their newborn bliss in soft onesies and zip-ups! 3/4 of the adorable outfits we received went unused! So started my quest for a go-to gift that would be sweet and usable! My daughter wore these cute socks everyday...she had about 20 pair and I could not get enough of them! They can be found here: Trumpette



5th Ave. MaryJanes 26.50 for 6 pairs. These are brand new..the houndstooth print is so chic.These are the socks my little sweetie wore....MaryJane Pastels 24.50 for 6 pair. Fits sizes 0-12 month...really!
Can't forget the baby boys! Barnstable Bat is a local company that makes all the wooden bats for the famed Cape Cod Baseball League. They offer a 26 inch "birth bat" that they engraved with babes name, date, time, weight and length at birth. We have given about 6 of these as gifts and it is great to see the new dad get excited about a gift!






Birth Bat 45.00 Barnstable Bat



Life has been so much easier with signature gifts...and new parents really find them unique. I have gifts for other occasions as well...post to follow!



Do you have signature gifts or do you wing-it?

5 comments:

  1. The socks are adorable! When Seashell was in 1st grade, she wanted to play baseball and ended up being the only girl on the team, coached by the owner of Barnstable Bat! At the end of the season he took the whole team and their parents to Golden Boy Seafood and out for mini golf next door. A very nice man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    Small world! He seems to have a good little business! Do you make it to any Cape League games....I keep telling hubby we should host a player....a tall handsome one with a southern accent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a real big baseball fan, so I havn't been to a game. I do know people who have hosted players and they keep relationships going long after they leave the cape. Recently, my good friends son went to a red sox game because they had free tickets due to hosting a guy from the other team who had played in the cape league. It seems to be a rewarding experience for everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the feaux Fryes at Target today! They had 3 pairs left in Wareham, 7.5, 9.5 and 11. I bought the 9.5. Dartmouth had a 5.5 left, all were the brown.

    ReplyDelete