About Me

My photo
Wife and mom of two. Doing my best to raise thoughtful, happy kids in a cozy, serene home. I love J. Crew, peonies, living on the coast, all things woven, wood, white & slipcovered. A definite optimist and bit of a minimalist. My personal style and home reflect my super casual lifestyle.

17 October, 2009

J Crew purchases

Well...that didn't last long. Visited my local J. Crew today armed with the new CC I vowed never to get. The 20% off your first purchase was too much to pass up. Plus...my girlfriend has the card.... she charges items then immediately pays the balance via the SA. Never carries a balance but gets rewards. Here's what I decided on:

Tissue beaded necklace tee. 19.99 - 20%. Been eyeing this for along time...the price was right.




Slub cotton silk bib henley 42.50 - 20% I purchased this in black....it's getting mixed reviews on other blogs but I really liked.


Carnation cluster tee 29.99 on sale -20%. It is really cute and the SA said she turns hers inside out in a lingerie bag to wash and the flowers actually come out fluffier. I may go back for the navy and off white...I like it that much.




The infamous Jaspe boyfriend. A bit pricey for a sweatshirt at 49.50- 20% but I own the zip thru and wear it all the time....sooooo comfy. As you can probably tell....i LOVE grey. :)




Destroyed boyfriend chino in mineral gray...hee hee. Sized down to a snugger fit per advice from the SA. She said these stretch quite a bit. I love them cuffed with a white tee and my white chuck taylors. Makes me feel like a kid again!



I also purchased a light grey :) and white striped tee with a snap at the shoulder....tried it on before and couldn't pass it up today for 19.99 -20%

Also bought 3 "crunchy" flower pins/barrettes... off white, black and a greyish/blue 12.50! each -20% Pinned one on my bag on the way home...too cute and so much bang for your buck!


A pretty good day of shopping. Love to get a deal at JC!!! I guess I'm all set with casual tees for awhile...I am on the hunt for a new black coat and some new jeans. My local store is pretty small and didn't have many (any?) coats and nothing new in jeans. I have the vintage slims but how many pairs of destroyed jeans does a girl need? Yup. One.
Did you shop the Crew this weekend?





3 comments:

  1. If we have the same local store, I was in on Thursday making some returns. There seemed to be a lot of new arrivals, though I have not been in since end of August to check. We never seem to get too many coats. I was at an outlet today and they had a few black ones with an extra 30% off. You picked some really nice things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kathy...Cape Cod Mall. Didn't see too much to get excited about. I do like the outlet at Wrenthem but I always have buyers remorse when I come home. I buy a bunch of stuff because the price is so good...not because I love it. I think (after cafeful review and hubby's face) that the silk henley is going back. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic purchases!! I'm sure you will enjoy them all...except that silk henley, per your comment above. :)

    ReplyDelete