About Me

My photo
Wife and mom of two. Doing my best to raise thoughtful, happy kids in a cozy, serene home. I love J. Crew, peonies, living on the coast, all things woven, wood, white & slipcovered. A definite optimist and bit of a minimalist. My personal style and home reflect my super casual lifestyle.

22 September, 2009

Emmy Dresses

I should start by saying that I only watch the red-carpet for these events. The actual award ceremony bores me to death. Here are my favorite three dresses from the night:





Mila Kunis in Monique Lhuillier. Gorgeous color on her...seemed so glam and yet age appropriate. I really think she nailed the length, too.




Christina Applegate in a navy silk Basil Soda dress. Wow...look at her eyes. This dress was a homerun and my SECOND favorite look of the night.






I LOVE THIS J. MENDEL DRESS! It is so beautifully draped and the color against her skin and hair.....so chic. I would wear this dress. Someone please invite me somewhere fancy!!


2 comments:

  1. I agree with how Mila Kunis looked. What a difference compared to Blake Lively, who looked like she had on her mother's (or at least older sister) dress. It is very seldom that the young stars dress age appropriate. I did not like Christina's dress, but loved Kate's (correct name?) dress.

    I so not usually have anywhere fancy to go, but a few years ago I saw an evening dress in the Lord and Taylor catalog that I loved. I had to try it so I ordered it, it fit, was gorgeous, but I had no place to wear it so I returned it. Within a week, we received an invite to a black tie wedding and by then the dress was all sold out and the one I returned to the store was gone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way, I only watch for the dresses. And Mila looked gorgeous, LOVE the color!

    ReplyDelete